Architect: Isaac S. Taylor
107 ft. 7 floors
Designation: City Landmark, Eligible for National Register of Historic Places,
A hat company (possibly the Gauss Langenberg Hat Co.) operated there for some time before the Bee Hat Company moved into the building. Four brothers began the Bee Hat wholesaling and distributing company in 1926 and their business remained on Washington Avenue from October 1944 until the beginning of 2000.
- There are plans to redevelop the buildiing into 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments from the second through seventh floors. A restaurant and a boutique retail store will be located on the first floor.
- Eleven terra cotta lion heads, which weere attached to the buildings gutters to drain water to the street, will be connected to the building's steam lines and each lion will roar every half-hour or so.