Vince's St. Louis:
B16 - Lammert Building



<< Previous Building               Next Building >>

Lammert Building (Hargadine-McKittrick Dry Goods Building)
Built: 1898
Architect: Eames & Young
Remodel: Mackey and Assoc. 1985
Former furniture store, home to Webster University and the STL chapter of AIA

"The Lammert Furniture Company Building at 911 Washington Avenue is significant as an unusually fine example of Renaissance Revival commercial architecture featuring carved stone figural sculpture.
The building was one of the earliest investment triumphs of Realtor Festus J. Wade, alter founder of Missouri´s largest financial institutions--the Mercantile Trust Company. Two of St. Louis´ important pioneer wholesale and retail firms were long-term lessees: Hargadine-McKittrick Dry Goods from 1898 to 1915 and Lammert Furniture Company from 1924 through 1981."

<< Previous Building               Next Building >>