Architect: Mauran, Russell & Crowell
Market site since 1866
A model of cleanliness and progressive functional design boasting indoor parking for 700 cars,
Union Market, reported to be the 2nd largest of its kind in the world, proved to be a commercial blunder.
A portion of the market was converted to a bus terminal in the 1930's. In 1990, a 2 story addition was added for a Drury Inn.
The bus terminal portion was demolished when the TWA Dome was built for the Rams next door.